* Depending on the time of year, certain courses are held only at specific locations.
* Please note: if you hit the register button below and wish to navigate back to this page, you must refresh the page.
Red Cross Babysitting
Red Cross Babysitting Courses Toronto
Attention all teens – want to have fun AND make money, too? Want to be independent and have your own small business? Then our Babysitting class is for you! This Babysitting class is for students 11 – 15 years of age who want to learn how to safely babysit infants and young children. The class includes basic safety procedures, supervision and avoidance of injury. The class also includes diapering, feeding and appropriate games for young children.
The fee is $70.00 per student. The fee includes all taxes, textbook, certificate of completion and other materials. Please see our list of courses and our Locations page for other details. Students should bring paper, pen, lunch ( NUT-FREE.) The usual class time frame is 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please note that many buildings will not open early, so it will take us a few minutes to get into our classroom. Notices will be posted near the main doors indicating the room number. Latecomers will not be admitted and will need to reschedule – students must be present for the entire scheduled course time and complete all activities in order to receive the Babysitting certificate. Masks must be worn, physical distancing is maintained, equipment is bagged individually for each participant and proof of COVID vaccination is required.
Parents and guardians please note – if your student is allowed out of the building alone for any reason e.g. to buy lunch in the area, or to leave alone at the end of the day, then we will require written permission to that effect (NOT BY TELEPHONE) from the student’s own parent or guardian. We look forward to seeing all our future babysitters at a class!! Please contact us with questions via email at email@example.com or at 416-697-8229 (Cell.)
- no refunds within 72 hours of a course date, but we will transfer the student into another course within three months for no additional fee. After one month, the student must re-register and pay the full fee again.
- returned cheques are subject to a $40.00 fee
- please dress comfortably – remember, the course involves physical activity!
- if your student is unwell, YOU MUST contact us to reschedule
- Please review comments shown above re whether your student is allowed out of the building alone – if so, we MUST have written permission to that effect from the student’s own parent or guardian
|Date, Time and Place||
Monday, August, 22, 2022, 9:00 a.m. 2206 Eglinton Ave. E., Saturday, August, 27, 2022, 9:00 a.m. 2206 Eglinton Ave. E., Saturday, July, 23, 2022, 9:00 a.m. 2206 Eglinton Ave. E., Saturday, September, 24, 2022, 9:00 a.m. 2206 Eglinton Ave. E.